When baking, there are so many things that can make it way easier or way harder. These are my helpful tips and tricks on insuring cookie perfection!
- Before using a recipe, read through all of the directions to make sure that you are totally comfortable making them.
- Before you start mixing, place all your dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients in another. This will save you a lot of time!
- Have all of the utensils you need out on your counter so you aren’t digging around. Again, this is a time a saver!
- Have your pan lined with parchment paper and ready to go once you finish your dough!
Rolling Dough for Fun Shapes
- FLOUR, FlOUR, FLOUR! Always have your countertop lightly floured as well as your rolling pin before rolling your dough out, this will keep it from sticking!
- When rolling out your delicious dough, don’t press too hard or else you risk cracking it. Slow, soft, and steady wins the race!
- Oh how I love fun cookie cutters, they can make the cookies so special! When using cookie cutters, don’t twist it too much or else you risk ruining the shape and making it get stuck in the cutter. Instead, press down gently. If it doesn’t come out, don’t worry about it! After you can’t make any more cutouts, simply pick up the excess dough and the shapes that didn’t come out will be left to put on the tray!
- If you are coloring your frosting, you only need a little bit of food coloring. If you put too much it can stain your teeth and mouth! A little goes a long long way.
- When it comes to toppings, don’t over do it. It can completely dominate the flavor of the cookie.
- If you have a super sweet cookie, opt for a less sweet frosting. This will help balance out the sweetness a little bit.
- When using frosting, don’t over do it. You don’t want to be eating frosting with a side of cookie!
- Wait for the cookie to cool completely before adding frosting or toppings. They will melt!
I’ll be updating this every now and then so make sure to check back occasionally and I hope this helped! 🙂