Goodbye winter, hello spring! While I love winter, the thoughts of warmer temperatures and flowers overrode my love for winter. On one hand, we get the warm weather. On the other, we get rain. Today, it’s been raining non stop, making it the most perfect day to stay dry and bake some delicious cookies!
With spring in our midst, I knew it was the perfect opportunity to create cookies with some of my warm weather favorites. These cookies are light, lemony sweet, and filled with succulent blueberries- a perfect way to escape the rainy weather! This recipe definitely goes on my top five list for sure. I baked these up with my twin sister. Surprisingly, it was a ton of fun. I highly suggest baking these, or any cookie, with a friend or family member!
Makes: About 30 cookies Bake Time: 12 minutes
What You’ll Need
1 cup of unsalted butter, softened at room temp
1 cup of white sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup of milk
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
2/3 of a cup of blueberries (fresh or frozen)
For the frosting
1 lemon (juiced)
6 ounces of cream cheese
5 tablespoons of butter
3 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- Preheat oven t0 350°F and line pan with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter and sugar at a medium speed.
- Add in the eggs, milk, and vanilla at a low speed.
- Slowly add in your dry mixture (flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt.)
- Fold in the bluberries. (It’s okay if some of the blueberries get smushed, it’ll just add color!)
- Lick the spatula!
- Using your trusty 1-inch scoop, place the cookies onto the tray.
- Bake at 350°F for 12 minutes. (Look to see if the edges are light brown!)
- Cream together butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and lemon juice.
I hope you enjoyed making this recipe as much as I did!