Hey guys!I really am a sucker for all things cheesy and romantic, you should see my recently watched section on Netflix. That’s why I’m so excited for Valentine’s day! Nothing screams Valentine’s day more than chocolate, so I just had to make a cookie fully loaded with all things chocolate. These double chocolate chip cookies are so rich and decadent that they will surely satisfy any sweet tooth! My recipe includes a chewy outside and a soft and gooey inside, perfect to eat with a nice cold glass of milk! So, bake up a tray this Valentine’s day and share them with the people you love 🙂
Prep time: 20 minutes Bake time: 11 minutes Makes: 24 cookies
What You’ll Need
1 cup of butter, softened at room temperature
1 cup of white granulated sugar
1 cup of packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract (pure or imitation)
2 cups of flour
3/4 of a cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
3 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 of a teaspoon of salt
1 1/2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips
Optional: Substitute semisweet chocolate chips for any other flavor!
- Prepare all of your ingredients. (This will save you so much time!)
- Cream together butter, white sugar, and light brown sugar using an electric mixture.
- Add in eggs and vanilla.
- Slowly add in your dry mixture. (Emphasis on slowly because if not, you will have flour and cocoa powder flying everywhere!)
- Fold in the chocolate chips.(You can use your desired amount, just not more than two cups or else it will be way too gooey!) (The batter is going to be sticky. If it is too hard to handle, chill it in the fridge for a little bit!)
- Eat some of your decadent batter! (Favorite step right here :P)
- Using your trusty 1-inch ice cream scoop, scoop the batter onto a pan lined with parchment paper. (Ice cream scoops, what can’t they do?)
- Bake at 350°F for 11 minutes.
- Place on a cooling rack and let them cool for around 5 minutes.
My family and friends really loved these cookies and I hope yours enjoy them as much as mine. Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone!