Hey guys! I decided that since we are now in 2016 that it meant new year, new blog theme. How do you guys like it? Anyways, onto what you guys are really here for- cookies.
Oh, oatmeal cookies, how you warm my heart. I don’t know if you can tell, but I love oatmeal cookies. Oatmeal cookies have a one of kind texture that I just can’t seem to get enough of! Since it’s the middle of winter, I decided that I should take these warm and cozy treats and give them a twist. My variation includes a chewy cinnamon oatmeal cookie filled with chopped pecans, and to top it all off (literally), a warm drizzle of caramel! They’ve earned the name Oh My Oats! because this isn’t your typical oatmeal cookie, I couldn’t believe how fast my family ate them and how much they loved them!
Bake Time: 10-12 minutes Makes: 36 cookies
What You’ll Need
1 cup of butter (Softened at room temp.)
1 cup of firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 of a cup of white granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (Pure or Imitation.)
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 of a teaspoon of salt
1 and 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
3 cups of quick-cooking rolled oats
1 and 1/2 cups of chopped pecans
1 cup of store bought caramel
- Place butter, brown sugar, and white sugar into a large steel or glass bowl. Mix flour, oats, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon in a separate bowl. Add eggs and vanilla into a separate bowl. (Preparing your ingredients before hand will save TONS of time!)
- In a large bowl using an electric or stand bowl mixer, cream together butter and sugars until well combined. (The mixture will be thicker than usual because of all the sugar.)
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- Gradually add your dry mixture. (Adding it gradually keeps it from flying everywhere and is easier to combine!) (Fold in any of the dry mixture that’s not combining!)
- Fold in the pecans.
- Eat some of that delicious batter! (This is my fave step!)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line your pan with parchment paper.
- Using the oh so reliable 1-inch scoop, scoop the cookies onto the pan and press down on the tops of the cookies to flatten them out a little. (These cookies don’t expand, so you can flatten them to your preference, I like to keep mine slightly flat but more round!)
- Place cookies on a cooling rack. (Put parchment paper or paper towel underneath it so it saves you from cleaning a caramel mess!)
- While they are cooking, heat up the caramel in the microwave. (Do this in 20 second increments, if you don’t the caramel will burn!!!!)
- Using a knife, drizzle caramel on top of each cookie.
- Place in a cookie jar or container and enjoy!
I hope these cookies are just as big of a hit like they are with my family! See you guys next sunday for my red velvet cookies!