Hey guys! I don’t know about you, but I am so excited for Christmas! When I think of holiday goodies, I automatically think of sugar cookies and candy canes. I adore candy canes, probably because they are the only decorations that you can eat off of the Christmas tree! So, why not combine cookies and candy canes? These candy cane sugar cookies include a deliciously sweet red icing and a melt in your mouth white chocolate peppermint Hershey’s Kiss™ topping. I can’t wait to share these soft Christmas cookies with my friends and family!
Bake time: 10-11 minutes Makes: 24 holiday cookies
What You’ll Need
3/4 of a cup of softened butter (Softened at room temperature.)
3/4 of a cup of granulated white sugar
2 large eggs
2 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract (Pure or Imitation.)
1/2 of a teaspoon of pure peppermint extract
1/2 of a teaspoon of salt
2 1/4 teaspoons of baking powder
2 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
1 package of white chocolate peppermint Hershey’s Kisses™
Store bought white icing
Optional: red food coloring (I use this to really give the icing a bright and festive color that makes the cookies look like candy canes!)
- Place butter and sugar into a large glass bowl. Mix flour, salt, and baking powder in separate bowl. add eggs, vanilla extract, and peppermint extract in a bowl. (Preparing all of your ingredients before will save you so much time and save you from cleaning a huge mess at the end!)
- In a large glass bowl using an electric or stand bowl mixer, cream together butter and sugar until well combined. (It’s okay if it’s a little chunky!)
- Mix in eggs, vanilla, and peppermint until combined.
- Gradually add your dry mixture. (Adding it gradually keeps it from flying everywhere and is easier to combine!)
- Eat some!
- Cover up and let chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
- After letting your delicious batter chill for an hour, preheat the oven to 350°F and line the baking tray with parchment paper.
- Using your trusty 1-inch ice cream scoop, scoop the cookies onto a lined baking sheet and press down lightly on the top.
- While the cookies are baking, unwrap all of the white chocolate peppermint candies. (This saves so much time!)
- Place cookies on cooling rack.
- After a minute, decorate with icing then put on the candy. (If using icing, add in a few drops of red food coloring for a festive look!)
I’ll see you guys in January! Have a wonderful holiday season!