Hey guys! This recipe is for all you soft cookie lovers out there. When it comes to myself, I absolutely love soft cookies and I am so happy that I finally created some without intentionally underbaking them. What can I say, I’m obsessed. This recipe creates a soft, gooey, and decadent center will a perfectly chewy outer rim that just melts in your mouth. My mouth is watering just by thinking of them! My family loves these sweet and delicious cookies and I know that yours will too!
Bake Time: 10-12 minutes Makes: 36 decadent cookies
What You’ll Need
2 1/2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
3/4 of a cup of firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 of a cup of granulated sugar
1 cup of butter or margarine (Softened at room temperature.)
1 4 ounce pack of instant vanilla pudding (This is what makes the cookies super soft!)
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (Imitation or pure.)
2 large pasturized eggs
2 cups of chocolate chips (More or less, it’s all up to you!)
Optional: You can use any flavor of pudding that you want and whatever flavor of chips that you want. They can be milk chocolate, dark chocolate or white chocolate, get creative with your flavors!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and cover your pan in a sheet of parchment paper.
- Add the flour and the baking soda together in a bowl and whisk them together.
- In a large bowl (preferably glass) add the brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter, pudding mix, and vanilla extract and begin to cream them together on a medium speed. (Preferably using an electric hand or bowl mixer) (The mixture will be a tad more dry than usual.)
- Add in both of the eggs and combine fully.
- Slowly add in the flour and baking soda mixture. (Be careful with how high your mixer speed is or else the dry ingredients will fly everywhere!)
- Fold in the chocolate chips using a rubber spatula. (Optional: Substitute the chocolate chips with white chocolate, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or chocolate candies!)
- Eat the cookie dough. (Of course this step is optional, if I could make it mandatory I would because who can resist cookie dough?!)
- Using your trusty 1-inch ice cream scoop, scoop the cookies onto the pan evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- After they are out of the oven, let them sit for a few minutes use a spatula to place them on a cooling rack. (If you don’t have a cooling rack you can just leave them on the pan until they are cooled enough to put on a plate.)
- Place inside a cookie jar, container, or put them on a plate and enjoy!
This is how I like to present my cookies, but this presentation doesn’t last very long because of grabby hands! (Personal Photo)
Come back in two weeks for my everything nice and pumpkin spice cookies!